There were plenty of things that kept me from building things with WordPress:
- It’s lack of structure when it comes to separation of code.
- Most themes you get are a mess. One huge JS/CSS file with no source files or anything.
- Most of the plugins are a huge mess of injected CSS, JS and HTML into on big file.
- Gulp / Grunt seems to be pretty unknown.
But when delivering quality work you need to do this kind of work:
- Structure, separate, abstract your code to make it more readable for any other developer
- Use build tools to automate certain processes
As I said in the beginning there were plenty of things. All these barriers are in the past and WordPress and its developers and community have evolved.
Sage is a starter theme with all the mandatory tools you need to build an State-of-the-Art website, application:
- Build with Gulp
- HTML5 ready
- Theme wrapper
WP-Deploy is an automation framework for WordPress.